CHECK ROOM RATES
Special Offers & Availability
Inka Trail to Machu Picchu Package
The following is a day-by-day descripton of the Inka Trail Package:
Day 1: Cuzco-Chilca (km.82) – Wayllabamba
- Tour guide will pick you up from Royal Inka at 6:30am and take you by tourist
- Bus to the beginning of the Inka Trail, in the town of Chilca, arrival 10:30am
- Your trek begins with a 3 hour hike and a lunch break.
- Hike continues to archaeological site of Llactapata for guided tour.
- Hike continues to first campsite at Wayllabamba, where site will be set up and dinner to be served. First day is considered quite easy.
Day 2: Wayllabamba-Pacaymayo
- After breakfast is served, the hardest part of the journey is ahead of you, with a three hour hike to the highest point of the Inka Trail. Great panoramic views of the entire area.
- After three hours of hiking, you will reach Warmiwaniusca (Dead Woman’s Pass) and feel a tremendous sense of achievement and relief at reaching the highest point on the trail.
- After lunch, continue your downhill journey to your second campsite
at Pacaymayo. Dinner to be served followed by a well deserved overnight rest.
Day 3: Pacaymayo-Winay Huayna
- After breakfast, your hike will continue with visits and guided tours to the following archaeological sites throughout the day: Runkurakay, the Inka citadel of Sayacmarca, the “town in the clouds” of Puya Patamarka. Here you will take a short break and eat lunch.
- You continue with a hike to your final destination for the day, the archaeological complex of Winay Huayna. Here you will set up camp for the evening and dine.
Day 4: Winay Huayna-Machu Picchu-Cuzco
- After early breakfast at 5am, hike continues to Inti Punku (Door to the Sun) the famous gateway to Machu Picchu. Here you will be able to witness the spectacular sunrise over the Inka Citadel.
- A guided tour of Machu Picchu followed by free time to explore on your own.
- Meet with your group for bus transfer to Aguas Calientes for lunch (not included) and train ride back to Cuzco on Vistadome tourist train. Transfers from train station in Cuzco to Royal Inka are included.
Items Included in the Inka Trail Package:
- Transportation on tourist bus to beginning of trail
- Entrance ticket to the Inka Trail and Machu Picchu
- Bus ticket from Machu Picchu down to Aguas Calientes
- Train ticket on Vistadome tourist train back to Cuzco
- Transfer back to Royal Inka hotel from Cuzco train station
- Porters to carry tents and cooking equipment ONLY
- Guided visits to all sites visited along the way, including Machu Pichhu
- Experienced guide during all of Inka Trail
- Tents and camping equipment included EXCEPT sleeping bags, which are available for rental
- All meals where indicated in above description are included except first breakfast and last lunch
The price for the Inka Trail Package is $495.00 per person. There are group discounts available, please call us direct for more information and prices.
A non-refundable full payment and a valid passport is required to reserve the Inka Trail Package. It is recommended that you reserve this package at least two months in advance due to the limited number of hikers the Peruvian Board of Tourism allows per day on the Inka trail. If you wish to hike the trail in May, June or July, we recommend you reserve at least three months in advance.
To get the most out of the Inka trail, we recommend a private porter to carry your backpack. It makes a big difference in your Inka Trail experience. Private porters are $90.00 extra per porter and usually one porter can handle two hikers, two porters for three hikers, etc. Call us for details.
Reserve with confidence. Royal Inka accepts Mastercard, Visa and American Express for your added protection. Unlike most tour operators in Peru, when you book with Royal Inka you can call us toll free in the U.S. 7 days a week from 9AM to 9PM. We are always available to take your questions.
NO CANCELLATION POLICY
ALL SALES ARE FINAL AND NON REFUNDABLE
Prices subject to change
Plaza Regocijo Nº 299 Telf:+5184263276
Toll free in United States: 866-554-6028
Outside the U.S.: 914-921-6183
Fax: (914) 315-0059